MCG Preliminary Finals Contract

Australian Football news and discussion.
Beaussie
Site Admin
Site Admin
Team: Sydney Swans
Been liked: 51 times

MCG Preliminary Finals Contract

Post by Beaussie »

Finally it looks like the interstate teams may in fact get to host their home preliminary finals with the AFL and MCC set to agree on new terms. Apparently the AFL is set to schedule more games at the MCG involving the big drawing teams like Collingwood.

About time the two parties reached agreement. Brisbane was ripped off last year and no doubt it affected their GF preparations having to travel to Melbourne whilst Port was at home. Why has it taken so long to get to this stage?
crocodileman
Has thanked: 0
Been liked: 0

Post by crocodileman »

Didn't you say in a previous post, Beaussie, that this was already resolved? I believe it was in response to a comment from Grim about the Swans playing a preliminary final.

You couldn't have been wrong, could you? :o
Beaussie
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Beaussie »

crocodileman wrote:
Didn't you say in a previous post, Beaussie, that this was already resolved? I believe it was in response to a comment from Grim about the Swans playing a preliminary final.

There was talk of it being resolved at that stage, but my understanding is that it was only officially resolved last night.
crocodileman
Has thanked: 0
Been liked: 0

Post by crocodileman »

Beaussie wrote:
crocodileman wrote:

There was talk of it being resolved at that stage, but my understanding is that it was only officially resolved last night.
No there wasn't any resolution at that point, in any event, you said it was resolved. It still isn't - an agreement in principle has been reached but it must be put to both Boards next week and is no certainty of geting over the line.

You didn't hear the Lions whinge about it last year and you won't here the Swans whinge too much about it as they will be on their end of season trip long before Grand Final day! :lol:
Beaussie
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Beaussie »

crocodileman wrote:
Beaussie wrote:
crocodileman wrote:

No there wasn't any resolution at that point, in any event, you said it was resolved. It still isn't - an agreement in principle has been reached but it must be put to both Boards next week and is no certainty of geting over the line.
From memory I said there was talk of a resolution. Don't think I ever said it was resolved.

You really think the AFL and MCC boards are going to reject the in principle agreement? I don't think so.
crocodileman wrote:
You didn't hear the Lions whinge about it last year and you won't here the Swans whinge too much about it as they will be on their end of season trip long before Grand Final day! :lol:
There is no doubt that even if it wasn't resolved in time, should Sydney earn the right to a home preliminary, the AFL would do everything possible to ensure its pride and joy got its home final. We aren't described by many as the AFL's love child for no reason. :wink: