Newcastle Knights worse off due to large guts bogan Tinkler

Which is the best football code? Here you can have it out with other football fans.
leagueiscrap
Banned
Team: Essendon
Been liked: 7 times

Newcastle Knights worse off due to large guts bogan Tinkler

Post by leagueiscrap »

Newcastle Knights worse off due to Tinkler, says former boss Steve Burraston
Former Newcastle chief executive Steve Burraston is adamant the club is worse off for Nathan Tinkler's involvement and has called for a total cleanout of management in any new ownership structure.
Tinkler's troubled tenure as Knights owner finished on Friday, ending the reign of the controversial Hunter Sports Group. Given coach Wayne Bennett – linked to a return to Brisbane or St George Illawarra – was contracted to the entity, there are fears he may not see out the remaining 18 months of his tenure.
In his outgoing statement, Tinkler boasted the annual spend on football operations was more than $3 million above that of the average club. But it hasn't resulted in improved on-field results, while there are reports the Knights' liabilities could be as high as $20 million.
Burraston, the CEO from 2007 to 2011, was much maligned for insisting on due diligence on Tinkler before handing over control of the club. Along with then-chairman Rob Tew, Burraston insisted on a number of safeguards, most notably the $10 million bank guarantee and the ability for the members to buy back the club for one dollar.
The long-serving administrator, who was axed when Tinkler gained control, denied the mining magnate's assertion the club was $7 million in the red when he left.
Asked if the club was in a worse state following Tinkler's involvement, Burraston said: "Undoubtedly. You hear the reports – $10 million, $17 million, $18 million and $20 million debt. What it is, I don't know, I don't have access to their accounts.
"In Nathan's press release he said it was somewhere short of the $10 million that's in the bank guarantee, but to me that indicates that it's several million dollars.
"I would say it is well above the $2.5 million when we went out. And the problem is the $2.5 million we had was accumulated over 21-22 years, a loss of about $100,000 a year.
"You're talking three years here that some people are reporting it as $20 million. That's $6.5 million a year at a time when you're getting extra grants from the NRL. Those losses are hard to understand, how you would rack up that much debt in such a short period of time?"
Burraston said any new ownership structure, which he believed would benefit from the involvement of the Wests Group, must not include the existing management.
"You can't say they've been successful. The on-field performance has not been good and the off-field performance has been worse," he said.
"There is a need for a new management structure. You don't have to be Einstein to work out they haven't got much experience and expertise in the areas of business or sporting club management.
"I think it needs a new management structure from [HSG CEO] Troy Palmer right down to its executive management in the club."
Asked if that included removing CEO Matt Gidley and chairman Paul Harragon, Burraston said: "I would say so, yes."
The Newcastle community have long identified with their rugby league team but Burraston said the constant dramas under Tinkler had eroded the bond.
"It is very sad, you want to see the club be strong," he said. "The on-field performance is what we all do it for and at the end of the day that's been pretty woeful. With the coach and the number of players that have been brought to the club.
"There's been a lot of money spent on that team which has performed worse than when Rick Stone was there, before I left.
"That's not good enough. And when you go from one controversy to another, not being able to pay bills and seeing headlines in the paper every week, getting extensions for deadlines, staff and players not being paid, it's just disgraceful how the brand has been hurt.
"There has been a huge disconnect with the Newcastle community, that's shown in sponsorship and the crowds each week. It's probably hurting them in merchandising and corporates sales. You used to see the Knights out in the community doing things all the time – you don't see that very often these days. Because of all the poor publicity and the poor performance on the field under the Tinkler group's reign, the community has lost touch with the Newcastle Knights. Hopefully that can be mended again."
Newcastle legend Tony Butterfield, a former chief executive of the Rugby League Players' Association, hoped the Knights could settle on a new ownership model quickly.
"The Hunter community have enough talented people to look after their own affairs, but if the NRL have a role to play financially they may insist on having oversight there [as independent directors]," he said.
Tinkler's dramas at the Knights have raised fears that similar problems could occur with the other sporting club he owns in the region, the Newcastle Jets.
“FFA has discussed the situation with the Newcastle Jets management this week and we have been given an update on the club’s off-season plans," said an FFA spokesperson.
“The Jets are planning their 2014/15 roster under a new head coach Phil Stubbins and the club is well-advanced with the membership campaign for Season 10.
"However, FFA is not in a position to comment about Hunter Sports Group’s business interests and dealings outside of football.
“FFA can reaffirm its commitment to Newcastle’s place in the Hyundai A-League for Season 10 and beyond.”

Read more: http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/leag ... z32gdnlRgM

"In his outgoing statement, Tinkler boasted the annual spend on football operations was more than $3 million"
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
those League clubs are on the big bucks for sure :(/
Australian sporting sponsorship
AFL excess of $50m
A league $30 million plus
ARU $27 million
NRLOL $25 million

Leagueiscrap
and she still changes your nappies as well!
pusseycat replys
Only when I have an accident.
AFLcrap1
Coach
Coach
Team: The Scottish Puffins
Been liked: 75 times

Re: Newcastle Knights worse off due to large guts bogan Tink

Post by AFLcrap1 »

I believe he said it was 3 mill MORE than other clubs.
So they will have to cut back.
Yep .
Caught out again ADumb LIAR.

http://www.bordermail.com.au/story/2304 ... ton/?cs=12
In his outgoing statement, Tinkler boasted the annual spend on football operations was more than $3 million above that of the average club

Now tell me why MR LIAR ,you would cut off the rest of his statement ?

You are so easy to show up..
Next please.
TLPG 🤣liar extraordinaire
You should thank me for publishing your IP

and I never published any actual IP. That's it.
🤣
I was a mod at the time .
Xman wrote
I also gave them to TLPG believing he was still a mod.I admit I made a mistake.
:^o :^o
Rabbit
Seniors
Seniors
Team: South Sydney FC
Been liked: 0

Post by Rabbit »

Despite the acrimonious split, Nathan Tinkler leaves Knights with $5m sponsorship gift

Barry Toohey
The Daily Telegraph
May 25, 2014 12:00AM
Newcastle Knights ownership up in the air3:36

THE party might have ended for Nathan Tinkler at the Newcastle Knights but it hasn’t stopped him leaving behind a farewell gift — a $5 million sponsorship.

It’s understood the deal, worth $1 million a year over five years, was negotiated and agreed on between Tinkler’s Hunter Sports Group and the NRL during the handover process last week.

HSG CEO Troy Palmer confirmed the figure on Saturday during an interview with The Sunday Telegraph, claiming that while Tinkler has relinquished his ownership of the Knights and will have no future role in running the club, he still wants the Knights to prosper.

Tinkler has been widely pilloried for his collapsed ownership of the Newcastle Knights.

“Just because he is going doesn’t mean he is any less a supporter of the club,” Palmer said.

“Like everyone in Newcastle, he wants to see the club do well and still wants to do his bit to help make that happen.

“Contrary to what some people seem to think, he is willing to step up when others don’t.”

Palmer said the sponsorship will be attributed to a company of Tinkler’s choosing when the time comes.

Tinkler’s act of goodwill may be looked apon with scepticism by his many critics who are happy to see the back of him but Palmer said the sponsorship offer is genuine and has been agreed to by the NRL.

While speculation continues to swirl around about the state of the Knights books and just how much debt the club has accumulated over the three years since Tinkler was in charge, Palmer is adamant it is less than the $10.52 million the Knights currently have sitting in a bank

He scoffed at rumours of debts approaching $20 million and significantly, claimed HSG will meet all their financial obligations.

“The total debts of the club are considerably less than the $10.52 million term deposit,” he said.

“HSG will take responsibility for all liabilities.”

It’s been a tough week for the Knights, on and off the field.
That will be music to the ears of Wests Group management, who are being courted by the NRL to play a big role in back-rolling the Knights going forward following Tinkler’s departure.

It’s understood Wests are interested but understandably, won’t get involved if they are asked to cover existing debt.

Meanwhile, the future of coach Wayne Bennett and his staff remains clouded although suggestions all their contracts are now null and void because they are with HSG and not with the Knights is a fallacy according to Palmer.

“Wayne and all his staff are contracted to the Newcastle Knights and always have been,” Palmer said.

Why do you bother you stupid fuck
"The Victorian game may be the best game of football, but if it is so manifestly superior, one would fancy it could plead its own cause, and not require advertising like a quack pill."
ParraEelsNRL
Coach
Coach
Team: Parramatta
Been liked: 9 times

Post by ParraEelsNRL »

Eh, I was watching the news the other night and they ticked off all these things he actually did do like putting I think 3 mill a year into junior footy and other things like that.

It's not all bad, just another case of tall poppy blah blah put in with a bloke that actually deserved it a little if you know what I mean.

The Wests Leagues club will prob take over and they are loaded, they have been in line to run the knights for near two decades but something always comes up. We'll see this time.
signature removed by Admin.
User has been banned for this and similar comments.
leagueiscrap
Banned

Post by leagueiscrap »

ParraEelsNRL wrote:
Eh, I was watching the news the other night and they ticked off all these things he actually did do like putting I think 3 mill a year into junior footy and other things like that.

It's not all bad, just another case of tall poppy blah blah put in with a bloke that actually deserved it a little if you know what I mean.

The Wests Leagues club will prob take over and they are loaded, they have been in line to run the knights for near two decades but something always comes up. We'll see this time.
yeah he does deserve credit, pumping so much money in to a dud investment. tall poppy is something that you bumsniffers envy over the AFL about.

from the 2011 annual report, the latest report that they have published on their web side
football expense 7 million and a total revenue of 11million :oops: thats just over 1/3 or what small afl teams run on :lol:
http://www.newcastleknights.com.au/cont ... source.pdf
AFL excess of $50m
ARU $27 million
NRLOL $25 million

Leagueiscrap
pusseycat replys
ParraEelsNRL
Coach
Coach
Team: Parramatta
Been liked: 9 times

Post by ParraEelsNRL »

Is it 2011 still?
signature removed by Admin.
User has been banned for this and similar comments.
AFLcrap1
Coach
Coach

Post by AFLcrap1 »

ParraEelsNRL wrote:
Is it 2011 still?
:(/ :(/ :(/ :(/ :(/ :(/
Can he post a whole quote from Tinkler instead of cutting the end off . :(/ :(/ :(/
Why do that.
Insecurity...fear?.

🤣
Xman wrote
Raiderdave
Coach
Coach
Team: Canberra

Post by Raiderdave »

ParraEelsNRL wrote:

Newcastle won the Harold Matts for the first time in 14 years in 2014 & went onto win the national championship over the QLD U16 champs the Cairns based Northern Pride
Finalists in the SG Ball
Leading the Holden Cup & NSW Cups

its unfortunate their NRL side is in the doldrums but the grass roots in the Hunter region is as strong as its been since they last won the NRL in 2001
& that can be directly attributed to Tinklers involvement :cool:

Adum bum liar is less smart then pig shit
to be laughed at & mocked like the dick he is at every opp :wink:
RL SOO II 4.194 Million veiwers
RL SOO I 4.068 Million
NRL GF 3.968 Million
VFL Grand Final 3.620 Million
SOO III 3.364 Million
NRL Prelim 2.219 Million
Kangaroos V NZ 1.214 Million

Sookerwhos V Japan 238K :lol:
TLPG
Coach
Coach
Team: MYOB
Been liked: 8 times

Post by TLPG »

Tinkler deserves nothing. He's under investigation and don't be surprised if that $5 million gift proves to be worthless. Sport is better off without private ownership. I hope Newcastle suffers big time as a result of it - it would be a boon to the Black Diamond AFL.
THIS FORUM IS RACIST
Raiderdave
Coach
Coach
Team: Canberra

Post by Raiderdave »

TLPG wrote:
. I hope Newcastle suffers big time as a result of it - it would be a boon to the Black Diamond AFL.
:lol: :lol: :(/ :(/ :(/ :_<> :_<> :_<> :_<>

you

sad

pathetic wanker :(/ :(/ :(/ :(/ :(/ :(/
RL SOO II 4.194 Million veiwers
RL SOO I 4.068 Million
NRL GF 3.968 Million
VFL Grand Final 3.620 Million
SOO III 3.364 Million
NRL Prelim 2.219 Million
Kangaroos V NZ 1.214 Million

Sookerwhos V Japan 238K :lol:
TLPG
Coach
Coach
Been liked: 8 times

Post by TLPG »

Oh that was an intelligent comeback - NOT!
THIS FORUM IS RACIST
NRLCrap1
Coach
Coach

Post by NRLCrap1 »

What do you expect? Get back on the meds, Dave!
DON'T MAKE ANY BETS WITH ELIAGH!! HE WELCHES WHEN HE LOSES!!
DAVE'S RIVER IN EGYPT - JUNIOR ACT TEAMS: AFL 109 RL 107
CHEWBACCA IS A GOOSE! A GOOSE I TELL YOU! A GOOSE!
leagueiscrap
Banned

Post by leagueiscrap »

ParraEelsNRL wrote:
Is it 2011 still?
its actually a report from 2012, but only shows figures from 2011 not 2012 :lol:
http://www.newcastleknights.com.au/abou ... eport.html
its the last report that they have produced and placed up on their official web site :lol:
the finance figures are to embarrassing to public any more
AFL excess of $50m
ARU $27 million
NRLOL $25 million

Leagueiscrap
pusseycat replys
AFLcrap1
Coach
Coach

Post by AFLcrap1 »

NRLCrap1 wrote:
Automated response.

🤣
Xman wrote
leagueiscrap
Banned

Post by leagueiscrap »

AFLcrap1 wrote:
NRLCrap1 wrote:
Automated response.
it may as well be as the demented dave needs constant reminder to :thumbleft:
AFL excess of $50m
ARU $27 million
NRLOL $25 million

Leagueiscrap
pusseycat replys