Bearsy.... GET IN HERE !!

Which is the best football code? Here you can have it out with other football fans.
Xman
Coach
Coach
Team: Essendon
Been liked: 0

Re: Bearsy.... GET IN HERE !!

Post by Xman »

So you think the Giants 9000 members are all new AFL supporters? Great :thumbleft:
King-Eliagh: ...I believe [RL] is popular in all the other states and territories, bar tasmania.
Cracker
Coach
Coach
Team: Bulldogs

Post by Cracker »

It just struck me. The NRL fans are putting over TV ratings, and not making the connection. Why aren't these fans actually going to the games? A high Sydney based TV rating alongside a low actual attendance is not a good thing. It's a bad thing.
ParraEelsNRL
Coach
Coach
Team: Parramatta
Been liked: 9 times

Post by ParraEelsNRL »

Xman wrote:
Raiderdave wrote:
oh oh

big Barney Fannyfart
hes all that

Sydney is gagging for him
no one is talking about anyone else

:?>

8-[

:(/ :(/ :(/ :(/ :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :_<> :_<> :_<> :_<> :_<>

come on Bearsy
you told us this is the state of play in our nations largest city
get in here & explain yourself ............

NOW !!
A crowd over double TWO of Sydneys best NRL teams suggests they do like Buddy, wouldn't you say? :_<>
They might be two of the best teams in the NRL, doesn't mean they are the best supported.

Big difference.
signature removed by Admin.
User has been banned for this and similar comments.
King-Eliagh
Coach
Coach
Been liked: 11 times

Post by King-Eliagh »

Wow, thanks for the report raider. in fact its been a great factual report you've provided us all on this matter for a few seasons now. Bearsy was there at the match. I gave it the big miss. He seems awfully quiet the poor bastard. Hope hes ok, tho I can assure you he's probably not. He really gets down about the downward spiral in crowds for the swans at homebush. And Buddy frankenfurter has all but vanished from sydneys consciousness. Apart from the odd report on his frolicking with the lasses, there's just nothing on him footywise...

Beaussie? Few comments?

:lol:

xman wrote:
KE, why is an even comp important?
MarkZZZ
Captain
Captain
Team:
Has thanked: 0

Post by MarkZZZ »

Last I heard from Beau was something along the lines of the Swans being Collingwoods bitches. Seemed to be a bit depressed the poor boy.
NRLCrap1 wrote:
I never stated I'm right.
NRLCrap1 wrote:
call me a skirt lifting sheila.
adamj1300
Has thanked: 0

Post by adamj1300 »

ParraEelsNRL wrote:
Xman wrote:
Raiderdave wrote:
oh oh

big Barney Fannyfart
hes all that

Sydney is gagging for him
no one is talking about anyone else

8-[

:(/ :(/ :(/ :(/ :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :_<> :_<> :_<> :_<> :_<>

come on Bearsy
you told us this is the state of play in our nations largest city
get in here & explain yourself ............

NOW !!
A crowd over double TWO of Sydneys best NRL teams suggests they do like Buddy, wouldn't you say? :_<>
They might be two of the best teams in the NRL, doesn't mean they are the best supported.

Big difference.
but you'd think a crowd bigger than 15k would turn up :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
the AFL fans work out that those 2 would struggle to bring in a crowd after those 2 teams struggled to sell out the Grand final :(/ :(/ :(/ :(/
worthless pieces of shit that they are,
Beaussie
Site Admin
Site Admin
Team: Sydney Swans
Been liked: 51 times

Post by Beaussie »

Raiderdave wrote:

whats doing Bearsy
Lets see, the NRL grand final rematch on Friday night in Sydney attracts a paltry (fudged no doubt too) 14,902

AFL in Sydney on same weekend with rain forecast and happening during the game - 32,347

Conclusion, NRL crowds are yet again embarrassing in Sydney with the AFL again proving it can attract more fans. Nothing not even a grand final rematch seems to motivate so called NRL fans to get out and watch a game.

Dave Smith ("We'll be the No.1 code in 5 years"), where are you? :(/ :(/ :(/ :(/
Pete_09
Seniors
Seniors
Team: Brisbane Lions

Post by Pete_09 »

I dont normally agreen with the NRL guys here but on this topic I think I have to.

32,000 is a terrible crowd for a swans collingwood game. Alos there probably would have been 12,000 pies supporters there, so thats only 20,000 swans supporters.

Very worrying!!

Maybe getting Buddy has pissed a few of the Swans supporters off. Wouldnt suprise me as I think they will regret getting him. Time will tell
Pete_09
Seniors
Seniors
Team: Brisbane Lions

Post by Pete_09 »

Its is decline a bit even in Melbourne. But the big worry is how many people have dropped off in Sydney. 11 years ago the same game got 73,000 in Sydney. So thats a bit of a worry.

On a different note I just went on Footy Tips to see my tips & coticed that AFL had around 480,000 tipsters & NRL has around 240,000. I think this shows how much more popular AFL is than NRL. Unbelievable figures
Raiderdave
Coach
Coach
Team: Canberra

Post by Raiderdave »

The_Wookie wrote:
In this thread; people who know nothing about the AFL claim a decline based on the first 2 rounds. clap clap. its the end folks, the end.
ummmm
it only took 1 round of the NRL for fumblers to claim the same of us dickhead :lol: :lol: :(/ :(/ :_<> :_<> :_<> :_<> :_<>
RL SOO II 4.194 Million veiwers
RL SOO I 4.068 Million
NRL GF 3.968 Million
VFL Grand Final 3.620 Million
SOO III 3.364 Million
NRL Prelim 2.219 Million
Kangaroos V NZ 1.214 Million

Sookerwhos V Japan 238K :lol:
Raiderdave
Coach
Coach
Team: Canberra

Post by Raiderdave »

wheres that Bearsy cockhead ?

get in here now
& answer my questions
you know what you said

why have your claims & predictions been an utter failure ............ yet again !! 8-[

:lol: :lol: :lol: :(/ :(/ :(/ :(/ :_<> :_<> :_<> :_<> :_<> :_<> :_<>
RL SOO II 4.194 Million veiwers
RL SOO I 4.068 Million
NRL GF 3.968 Million
VFL Grand Final 3.620 Million
SOO III 3.364 Million
NRL Prelim 2.219 Million
Kangaroos V NZ 1.214 Million

Sookerwhos V Japan 238K :lol:
Xman
Coach
Coach

Post by Xman »

Pete_09 wrote:
Its is decline a bit even in Melbourne. But the big worry is how many people have dropped off in Sydney. 11 years ago the same game got 73,000 in Sydney. So thats a bit of a worry.

On a different note I just went on Footy Tips to see my tips & coticed that AFL had around 480,000 tipsters & NRL has around 240,000. I think this shows how much more popular AFL is than NRL. Unbelievable figures
I disagree. The Swans will have lost some fans to the Giants. Their fans are sick of ANZ and prefer the SCG. Add to that their huge crowds had a large proportion of Collingwood fans who were up and about in the mid naughties.
King-Eliagh: ...I believe [RL] is popular in all the other states and territories, bar tasmania.
Xman
Coach
Coach

Post by Xman »

Raiderdave wrote:
The_Wookie wrote:
In this thread; people who know nothing about the AFL claim a decline based on the first 2 rounds. clap clap. its the end folks, the end.
ummmm
it only took 1 round of the NRL for fumblers to claim the same of us dickhead :lol: :lol: :(/ :(/ :_<> :_<> :_<> :_<> :_<>
Mainly because the NRL fixture was comparable to previous years, where as the AFL's was completely different
King-Eliagh
Coach
Coach
Been liked: 11 times

Post by King-Eliagh »

So lets get this straight.

The massive and consistent decline of swans v Collingwood supporters is because:

1. they don't like ANZ
2. collington fans were "up and about in the mid norties" <<< nice one xman :lol:
3. their fans don't like sprinkling rain
and
ahhhh :?>
forgive me if this next one makes no sense at all but I didn't write it
4. the roosters v manly got 15oddk in Sydney on Friday night <<< :?> I know its not really an excuse but, you know, our afl fans wrote it.

But yeah, I mean man, if we go by points one two and 3 whats that say about marngrook in Sydney? I'll tells ya what it says. It says we leaguies are right, comparatively no one gives a stuff about marngrook in Sydney.

xman wrote:
KE, why is an even comp important?
Xman
Coach
Coach

Post by Xman »

King-Eliagh wrote:
So lets get this straight.

The massive and consistent decline of swans v Collingwood supporters is because:

1. they don't like ANZ
2. collington fans were "up and about in the mid norties" <<< nice one xman :lol:
3. their fans don't like sprinkling rain
and
ahhhh :?>
forgive me if this next one makes no sense at all but I didn't write it
4. the roosters v manly got 15oddk in Sydney on Friday night <<< :?> I know its not really an excuse but, you know, our afl fans wrote it.

But yeah, I mean man, if we go by points one two and 3 whats that say about marngrook in Sydney? I'll tells ya what it says. It says we leaguies are right, comparatively no one gives a stuff about marngrook in Sydney.
ok, here's proof. In 2007 the swans had 2 big crowds at ANZ. If you remove those crowds from the average they actually averaged 29k, which was around about their average at the SCG last year, despite restricted crowds because of renovations.

The swans crowds haven't really dropped overall, just they aren't getting one off massive crowds at ANZ