Congratulations West Coast

Australian Football news and discussion.
Beaussie
Site Admin
Site Admin
Team: Sydney Swans
Been liked: 51 times

Congratulations West Coast

Post by Beaussie »

Sydney just made to many costly errors throughout the game, particularly early on. No use singling players out for critisism I'm just proud of the way the boys came back so strongly to only go down by 1pt. If there had of been another minute on the clock I'd say the Swans would have got up, but in the end West Coast truly deserved to win on Saturday. A great rivalry has developed between the two clubs that's for sure. Congrats Eagels. =D>

Payback in 07 :twisted:
The Portonian
Team:
Been liked: 0

Post by The Portonian »

Congrats to West Coast, over the course of the year they proved themselves to be the best team in the league. Even though it was a narrow win, in an often skill depleted game, it was fought by both sides full of determination and never say die attitude, for that alone, it will stand as one of the enthralling GF's in history.

One all in Premierships now and a continued rivalry that keeps giving us the close margins, Swans and Eagles, even if they never meet in another GF for the next ten years, they are surely setting the modern standard for fierce club rivalries over the last few years.
Grim Reaper
Coach
Coach
Team:
Has thanked: 0

Post by Grim Reaper »

yeah the only bad thing about the E-girls was their arrogance afterwards. Not shaking hands or acknowleding the kids presenting the medals was disgusting. I am fuming at Wirrapunda and how the little kid went to shake his hand and he turned and walked off and left the kid there...can see a new candidate for the National Indigenous Council here!
The Portonian
Team:

Post by The Portonian »

Storm in a tea cup methinks, albeit disappointing to see nonetheless. It reminds me of Port's win in 04, while all kids got hand shakes (I think), really pissed me off when Thurstans went up and did his "cat dawg" crap or whatever it was...juvenile idiot heh.

Meh, I'm sure Wirra will cop a lot of flak over the coming weeks, as will the others that didn't shake hands with the kiddies. Seems there is also strife about from some players swearing during onfield interviews or something. Not sure what swear words were used, but unless it was the f or c words, can't really see a big deal about it all.
Beaussie
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Beaussie »

Grim Reaper wrote:
yeah the only bad thing about the E-girls was their arrogance afterwards. Not shaking hands or acknowleding the kids presenting the medals was disgusting. I am fuming at Wirrapunda and how the little kid went to shake his hand and he turned and walked off and left the kid there...can see a new candidate for the National Indigenous Council here!
It appears he didn't realise the kid was there with his hand out. I suppose that is the excuse all the other Eagles players will use. :roll:
David Wirrpanda sorry
03 October 2006 Herald-Sun
http://www.heraldsun.news.com.au/footy/ ... 42,00.html

EAGLES defender David Wirrpanda plans to make amends for not shaking the hand of the indigenous child who handed him his AFL premiership medallion.

Wirrpanda is well-known for his community work and has set up a foundation in his name to help indigenous children.

``I've just seen the footage this morning, I didn't realise,'' he said yesterday. ``To that little person who handed me the medallion, I would be going out of my way to do what I can, whether it's sending a signed jumper or getting the family over to have dinner, or whatever.''
Beaussie
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Beaussie »

The Portonian wrote:
Seems there is also strife about from some players swearing during onfield interviews or something. Not sure what swear words were used, but unless it was the f or c words, can't really see a big deal about it all.
Apparently many f words went live into millions of loungerooms across the country.
Grim Reaper
Coach
Coach
Team:
Has thanked: 0

Post by Grim Reaper »

But they did not know that kids were watching TV at the time when the f words were used!
beachlover
Team:

Post by beachlover »

Man was I happy to be overseas for the 2 weeks after the yuppy scum, chardonnay drinking, dispassionate, front running, back stabbing, overachieving twerps with the second best team in the state fluked the flag!
We smashed them 3 out of 3 times & those weak easterners over in Siddee laid down to be taken the way lots of so called men in Siddee take it.
worriedpanda is the least of their worries behaviour wise. so many tossers & so many apologists among their supporters (very loosely used term).
how can a team with albeit an awesome midfield, but a below par forward line & backline fluke it?
Yes I am pissed off.
Next year.
Poor little willy probably doesn't understand what I wrote. You'd better get whoever reads this to you to use small words & to somehow relate it to "Handy" in some way. (eg. when Ugg tackles Umph and his head explodes it is not good for Umph)
Anyone except for the chardonnays, PLEASE!!!!!
life is good. Freo forever!