Sydney Just Awful

Australian Football news and discussion.
Beaussie
Site Admin
Site Admin
Team: Sydney Swans
Been liked: 51 times

Sydney Just Awful

Post by Beaussie »

Last night's performance was just pathetic. Fair dinkum only 8 goals for the entire game. :evil:

What's the use of having some of the best forwards in the league when they're barely ever inside the attacking 50. The flood is ugly, boring and against decent opposition is proven to be not effective. Roos time to come up with a new game plan mate. When it works well fair enough, but the fact is, decent opposition can beat the flood these days and you certainly will never win a premiership playing such tactics.

Oh and how about kicking the fucking ball more often. Fair dinkum the Swans don't play football, they play fucking handball. Sad part is the handballs are in many instance at a team mates feet or to another player who is under more pressure. :roll:

Sydney despite winning the last three games looked lost out there last night. The lack of confidence in front of goal is also a major concern. Why have someone like Amon Buchanan in the forwards when he doesn't even have the confidence to take a shot from 45 out?

The sadest part about all this is that Sydney used to be an attacking, exciting team to watch. When Roos first took the riens the Swans were having a go, now all they do is flood and hope the scoreline doesn't blow out.

How about those stats since Roos came in

Average goals looks something like this:

2003 - 16
2004 - 14
2005 - 11 (last night 8)

Anyone notice a worrying pattern developing?
crocodileman
Has thanked: 0
Been liked: 0

Post by crocodileman »

Hold on a minute Beaussie - didn't you deny there was a problem like this several times when I told you it was obvious?

Didn't you say they were playing attacking football?

Didn't you say as long as you the 4 points, that was the main thing?

You and KE are fucking hypocrites of the highest order! (His absence in posts about the Swans gameplan is noted by all members in here!)

You really are a fairweather friend, willing to sell your soul for 4 premiership points. What Roos and the Swans is doing to the game in NSW is unforgiveable. They are shitting on your heads and you and KE are even opening your mouths to swallow it!

How much more evidence do you need before you'll find them guilty of crimes against humanity, forcing supporters to accept that crap? Week in, week out!
Beaussie
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Beaussie »

Can't say I disagree with your assessment Croc. I've been stupid in thinking getting the 4 pts here and there is all that matters. We will get our fair share of wins on the tight SCG playing the flood, however when we play decent opposition on larger grounds or even teams that attack against the flood, we are going nowhere and will fail miserably.

Sadly, reality is starting to set in. I was wrong to talk up the Swans chances this year with our current game plan. We'll be lucky to make the 8 assisted by wins at home. Come finals time though, we'll just bomb out as we always do. You've been spot on Croc, Sydney are just pretenders with no real game plan under the Roos regime. Hopefully Roos does try change things. The Swans are certainly capable of much better attacking footy. We've seen this in the past, most notably 2003. It's not as if our playing list has changed all that much. The coaching style definately has though.
Beaussie
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Beaussie »

Gees, how far off the mark was my assessment of the Swans chances in 05 after the St Kilda game. Yes the Swans style of play is at times unattractive, but shit, we are equal 3rd on the ladder now.

Roos is a legend. :lol:
King-Eliagh
Coach
Coach
Team: Parramatta
Been liked: 11 times

Post by King-Eliagh »

You and crocs assessments were wrong beaussie :D .

Now croc i note you have made some statements in here about my lack of posts about the swans game plan so I'll post my thoughts now.

In 2005 the swans have played a mixture of attacking and defensive footy. At times it hasnt looked good, at times its been great to watch. I have previously commented on roos coaching and i stick by those comments. He has made some big schoolboy errors however the swans are still winning so i cant complain too much.

When comparing sydneys gameplan in 2005 to saaaaay the lionesses of 2005 one would have to say sydneys is superior. They thrashed the lions this season and have won more games :lol: . Simple as that.

Crocman your lack of posts on the lionesses form this season has been noted by all!!! :lol:

xman wrote:
KE, why is an even comp important?