Fev Heading to Sydney?

Australian Football news and discussion.
Beaussie
Site Admin
Site Admin
Team: Sydney Swans
Been liked: 51 times

Fev Heading to Sydney?

Post by Beaussie »

Did others catch Hutchy on the Footy Show revealing the Swans have been in talks with Fev about a $3 million, 4 year contract?

Would Fev leave Carlton for Sydney. I hope so. He would be a great replacement for our beloved Micky O when he retires.
Grim Reaper
Coach
Coach
Team:
Has thanked: 0
Been liked: 0

Post by Grim Reaper »

That's all the Ca Swannies need! Next thing Lara Bimbo Bingle will be hanging out at the SCG hanging out with her old flame!
kaskill
Seniors
Seniors
Team:

Post by kaskill »

i dont reakon fevola will leave carlton but would be weird seeing him in any other colours!!! although i thought that about judd and he fit right into the blues gurnsey!!
TLPG
Coach
Coach
Team: MYOB
Been liked: 8 times

Post by TLPG »

Carlton won't let him go. I think this is a publicity ploy by Fev's agents to push the Blues into signing Fev to a better deal. Paul Roos has said it's BS. He's not going to Sydney.
THIS FORUM IS RACIST
larn67
Team:

Post by larn67 »

As a Carlton supporter, I'm a little tired of Fev's antics. I think Fev loves the limelight, and dragging the media and the signing of his contract out, seems to support my hypothesis. If he's not chucking tantrums on the footy field, screaming at his team mate s, then he's embroiled in some off field drunken splurge. Yep I've had enough, and would gladly like to see him traded at the end of this year. His antics do no favours for the Carlton Football Club.
rosize
Reserves
Reserves
Team:

Post by rosize »

Who gives a stuff about Fevola? His ego is way bigger than his ability. Even worse, he is not a team player. He would not fit into the Sydney style of playing, because he can only think of himself. Hope no-one signs him up and then the game will be all the better for it. Fev needs a reality check!
junior53
Team:

Post by junior53 »

Not bad Ro In agreeance all the way with this one
intenscia
Team:

Fev... no way!

Post by intenscia »

Hey all first post for me - I had to have my say on this. Who in all seriousness wants Fev on their footy team? Sure he is a great though *extremely* inconsistent player, but he just lacks smarts that are likely to disrupt a footy teams concentration. One only has to watch him on the footy show to realize this.
Beaussie
Site Admin
Site Admin
Team: Sydney Swans
Been liked: 51 times

Re: Fev... no way!

Post by Beaussie »

Hmm, six goals today and victory against the Dogs. I wonder how Carlton fans are feeling about Fev today?
TLPG
Coach
Coach
Team: MYOB
Been liked: 8 times

Post by TLPG »

Look I'll get flamed for this, but I think a lot of you are underestimating Fevola.

He has a lot of natural talent. Instinct in the game of football is not something that you're taught. You either have it or you don't. There are some who have a great instinct but don't have the physical skill to back it up (they're the ones who I think would make great umpires).

Fevola's problem is not talent. It's attitude. He knows he's good and he wears it on his sleeve - to his detriment (per his efforts on the Footy Show - but then he's the sort of person who is easy to egg on). But having said that, it's a case of the pot calling the kettle black by naysayers because the one thing our game has been missing in more recent times is characters. It's got to the point that yuppie footy fans want to sterilise the game to even keep that out. We'll never see the great characters again and I call that a shame.

Where's the next Jack Dyer? Lou Richards? Bob Davis? Ted Whitten? And so on.....
THIS FORUM IS RACIST