bulldogs members bring more fans to spotless than gws

Which is the best football code? Here you can have it out with other football fans.
Thresher
Rookie
Rookie
Team: Western Sydney Wanderers
Been liked: 0

bulldogs members bring more fans to spotless than gws

Post by Thresher »

SEN Breakfast @SENBreakfast
GWS v WB ticket breakdown (via @AFL_PKeane) GWS members 6200 tickets. WB members 8100 tickets. 4600 unsold member tickets to general sale.
AFLcrap1
Coach
Coach
Team: The Scottish Puffins
Been liked: 75 times

Re: bulldogs members bring more fans to spotless than gws

Post by AFLcrap1 »

Lol that's different to the other press release .

Lol
The propaganda DEPT should get its stories straight
TLPG 🤣liar extraordinaire
You should thank me for publishing your IP

and I never published any actual IP. That's it.
🤣
I was a mod at the time .
Xman wrote
I also gave them to TLPG believing he was still a mod.I admit I made a mistake.
:^o :^o
eelofwest
Coach
Coach
Team: Eels

Post by eelofwest »

Lol 6k for GWS and heaps are coming down from Canberra. The number of GWS fans in Western Sydney going to this Prelim could be as low as 3k. :(/ :(/
Beaussie
Site Admin
Site Admin
Team: Sydney Swans
Been liked: 51 times

Post by Beaussie »

So 6,2000 GWS members got tickets early. 4,600 GWS fans still to get their tickets. Overall 10k+ Giants fans at the game come game day. Nice one.

The AFL predicted 8k Victorians would travel up based on historical data. Hence Spotless as the venue. Tick for the AFL. Rest of the crowd will be Giants fans. Sellout crowd will look great come game day. This thread title is misleading.

Go Giants!!!
Fred
Coach
Coach
Team: Collingwood
Been liked: 156 times

Post by Fred »

Be interesting to see the crowd. I suspect a sell out but not a full house. Maybe 3000 short.
Veni, vidi, vici
King-Eliagh
Coach
Coach
Team: Parramatta
Been liked: 11 times

Post by King-Eliagh »

Gddubya es eh :lol:

We will now truly see how much support they have after 5 years in sydney. I reckon atleast 3-5k will be from Canberra, another 2-4k will be swans supporters who are just there to watch a prelim final in sydney - another 1-2k will be wanky sydneysiders who just went because they got nuttin else on and dont wanna turn up to the office on monday morning saying they didnt do nuttin on the weekend.

So all in all that's about 5k sydney siders there just for the heck of it, about 4 k gws fans from canberra. Current estimates suggest there'll be atleast 10k western bulldogs supporters so whatever the cwowd is take 19k off of that and you got a good estimate of your support for western Syd in sydney after 5 years and millions of funding.

xman wrote:
KE, why is an even comp important?
leeroy*NRL*
Team: St George Illawarra Dragons
Been liked: 67 times

Post by leeroy*NRL* »

what's new

Giants suns and lions, reply on other fans to help with crowd figures..
Swans4ever
Coach
Coach

Post by Swans4ever »

The funny thing really is will 8000 Raiders fans travel to Melb?? Will they fill AAMI Park??? Hard to criticise a club 5 yrs old who got smashed for the first 3 years, playing in expansion territory where we are told by RL tin hat brigade no one cares about! Since when are the geographical location of members relevant? Name a singles club who doesn't have members residing outside their home base!
LARGEST MEMBERSHIP, LARGEST PROFIT, LARGEST HOME CROWD AVERAGE - THE BIGGEST CLUB IN SYDNEY - THE SYDNEY SWANS
leagueiscrap
Banned
Team: Essendon
Been liked: 7 times

Post by leagueiscrap »

the storm are getting despite to let the melbourne public know there is an NRLOL final on this weekend. storm representatives like their coach appearing on AFL 360 for publicity .

nice to see the AFL giving the NRLOL a helping hand in hope to save the usual total embarrassment
Australian sporting sponsorship
AFL excess of $50m
A league $30 million plus
ARU $27 million
NRLOL $25 million

Leagueiscrap
and she still changes your nappies as well!
pusseycat replys
Only when I have an accident.
leagueiscrap
Banned
Team: Essendon
Been liked: 7 times

Post by leagueiscrap »

THE push to increase the capacity of Spotless Stadium has ramped up in the wake of the GWS Giants’ accelerated success, with an increased 35,000-seat venue now part of the proposal.

With just 700 tickets remaining for Saturday’s preliminary final blockbuster against the Western Bulldogs, several thousand fans face the prospect of being locked out.

But Sydney Showground officials have revealed they’re determined to cash in on the wave of momentum being ridden by the Giants, with a brilliant young roster and some key AFL concessions laying the platform for the club’s grand final push being the start of a dynasty rather than a flash in the pan.

GWS are $3 equal favourites for this year’s premiership, but are also $5 outright favourites with the TAB to win the flag next year.

More fans equal more atmosphere if Spotless increases its seating capacity. Picture: Mark Evans
More fans equal more atmosphere if Spotless increases its seating capacity. Picture: Mark Evans
Source: News Corp Australia
The Daily Telegraph revealed in May that redevelopment plans focused on increasing the current 24,000 capacity to 30,000 – but officials haven’t ruled out pushing for even more seats as they look to turn Spotless Stadium into a world-class international venue.

A minimum of $20 million would be required to fund the upgrade, and the showground is hoping for help from the NSW Government after being shut out of Mike Baird’s $1.6 billion ­stadiums strategy earlier in the year.

The showground is currently in deep negotiations with Cricket Australia and the ICC about hosting key games in the 2020 World Twenty20 and have confirmed 35,000 is now on the table as a consideration.

“We could go anywhere between 30,000 and 35,000 depending on how we do it,” said the showground’s chief operating officer, Darryl Jeffrey.

“We’re exploring different funding mechanisms for that at the moment, hopefully with the support of the NSW Government.

“We’ve certainly been in a lot of discussion with them and we’re working actively with them.

“Especially with the Giants and with the Sydney Thunder winning (the Big Bash League) last year, 24,000 is probably a little under what we need going forward.

Western Bulldogs fan Bill Ghanem gets tickets to the preliminary final. Picture: Ian Currie
Western Bulldogs fan Bill Ghanem gets tickets to the preliminary final. Picture: Ian Currie
Source: News Corp Australia
“Ideally we’d like to do it in the next couple of years.

“When you look at the Giants it would be pretty naive to think this is a one-off. They’ll be up there playing finals football for the next five years and beyond.”

Taking Spotless Stadium’s capacity beyond 30,000 would make it a choice venue for AFL finals – with Geelong’s current stadium redevelopment not much bigger.

It would also put Spotless right in the money for the World Twenty20 – with Cricket Australia looking at the possibility of taking games out to ­Sydney’s west.

“We’re hoping to be a secondary location for matches in Sydney,” he said.

“Obviously the SCG will get the big ones and we’re hoping to get some supplementary games but for that to happen we’ve got to be accredited by the ICC.”

“We can’t just say ‘oh yeah we’re good to go’. They have to come out and do a full audit of you and seating capacity is obviously a key component of that.”

http://www.foxsports.com.au/afl/increas ... public_rss
Australian sporting sponsorship
AFL excess of $50m
A league $30 million plus
ARU $27 million
NRLOL $25 million

Leagueiscrap
and she still changes your nappies as well!
pusseycat replys
Only when I have an accident.
leeroy*NRL*

Post by leeroy*NRL* »

The Only reason is even considering an Upgrade is because of cricket
and the 20/20 World CUP

not the giants
leeroy*NRL*

Post by leeroy*NRL* »

Swans4ever wrote:
The funny thing really is will 8000 Raiders fans travel to Melb?? Will they fill AAMI Park??? Hard to criticise a club 5 yrs old who got smashed for the first 3 years, playing in expansion territory where we are told by RL tin hat brigade no one cares about! Since when are the geographical location of members relevant? Name a singles club who doesn't have members residing outside their home base!
lol be lucky to see 500 raiders fans travel..

rugby league fans do not travel, unless its the Grand Final..

I do notice for once Ch9 are screening the storm on Ch9 not GEM.
AFLcrap1
Coach
Coach
Team: The Scottish Puffins
Been liked: 75 times

Post by AFLcrap1 »

Yep
The upgrade would be for our national sport ..CRICKET

Seeing as spot the fumblefan stadium has an average of about 13 k for fumble games during the year.
TLPG 🤣liar extraordinaire
You should thank me for publishing your IP

and I never published any actual IP. That's it.
🤣
I was a mod at the time .
Xman wrote
I also gave them to TLPG believing he was still a mod.I admit I made a mistake.
:^o :^o
Swans4ever
Coach
Coach

Post by Swans4ever »

leeroy*NRL* wrote:
The Only reason is even considering an Upgrade is because of cricket
and the 20/20 World CUP

not the giants
Doesn't really matter what all the reasons are I for one think that a bigger stadium may also attract RL teams and A League games there could be a variety of reasons but a 36k stadium would clearly benefit the Giants.
LARGEST MEMBERSHIP, LARGEST PROFIT, LARGEST HOME CROWD AVERAGE - THE BIGGEST CLUB IN SYDNEY - THE SYDNEY SWANS
Swans4ever
Coach
Coach

Post by Swans4ever »

leeroy*NRL* wrote:
Swans4ever wrote:
lol be lucky to see 500 raiders fans travel..

rugby league fans do not travel, unless its the Grand Final..

I do notice for once Ch9 are screening the storm on Ch9 not GEM.
Just don't think GWS should be criticised considering their very short history, considering if the Storm don't get a full house it must be considered disappointing!