IS this the start of a true rivalry??

Which is the best football code? Here you can have it out with other football fans.
Fred
Coach
Coach
Team: Collingwood
Been liked: 156 times

Re: IS this the start of a true rivalry??

Post by Fred »

AFLcrap1 wrote:
No one
Canberra
& Townsville

& my point was ..why the fuck do some fumble posters have to tell lie after lie .

How can you have a debate when one side has massive issues posting the truth

I dont know. Para has told two i know of. There are probably more but i get the gist of what he is trying to say. Social nuances
Veni, vidi, vici
Swans4ever
Coach
Coach
Team: Sydney Swans
Been liked: 0

Post by Swans4ever »

Well ratings are in it is a BIG winner for the AFL for the Swans v GWS!!
Record TV audience for week one of finals
Ben Guthrie
September 12, 2016 2:14 PM
AFL 2016 Second Qualifying Final - Geelong v Hawthorn
The Cats-Hawks classic drew an average of 1.78 million viewers
MORE than six million people tuned in to watch the weekend's finals games – the largest television audience over four matches since the AFL introduced a top-eight system in 1994.
Attendances at the four games were the fourth best in AFL history since the finals series went to a top-eight system in 1994, with 238,840 people pouring through the gates across the weekend.
The cumulative rating figures reached 6.34 million, topping the 6.07 million who watched the opening four matches of the 2006 finals series. The four games drew the following average TV audience:
Thursday night, West Coast v Western Bulldogs – 1.66 million
Friday night, Geelong v Hawthorn – 1.78 million
Saturday afternoon, Sydney Swans v GWS Giants – 1.51 million
Saturday night, Adelaide v North Melbourne – 1.38 million
The figures can be seen as an endorsement of the AFL's decision to schedule a Thursday night final following a bye after round 23.
AFL general manager clubs and operations Travis Auld said the figures underlined a successful first week for the League.
"The opening to the Toyota AFL Finals series was a fantastic result for the AFL, with tremendous television audiences on the back of really strong crowds at the four games," Auld said.
"The four games drew nearly 240,000 supporters through the gate and to have great crowds supported by record television audiences was a great recognition for the opening to the biggest month of our season."
Leading attendances at week one finals
2011 – 270,678
2009 – 241,315
2014 – 239,202
2016 – 238,840
2013 – 238,485
Hawks-Dogs kick off week two of finals
Checking the comparison on FTA on 5 metro agg
2 SEVEN’S AFL: SATURDAY AFTERNOON FOOTBALL FINALS Seven
Total. 724,000
Syd. 157,000
Melb. 359,000
Bris. -----
Adelaide 102,000
Perth. 105,000
12 RUGBY LEAGUE FINAL SERIES QF1 Nine
Total. 459,000
Syd. 264,000
Bris. 195,000
So much for no one watching AFL in Syd anymore!
LARGEST MEMBERSHIP, LARGEST PROFIT, LARGEST HOME CROWD AVERAGE - THE BIGGEST CLUB IN SYDNEY - THE SYDNEY SWANS
Thresher
Rookie
Rookie
Team: Western Sydney Wanderers

Post by Thresher »

sydneyfc wrote:
ive been impressed and i would agree swans vs gws seems to have drummed up more buzz than any nrl rivalry in sydney but i still think its a level below sfc vs wsw but thats just my opinion
its about 12 levels below i mean look at this

i mean seriously look at this

https://www.facebook.com/32269024115999 ... 834288496/

that was their march, i have seen marches by sydney fc and been in tonnes of marches for the wanderers and they are both fantastic and that is the best they have got? cringeworthy as hell
Swans4ever
Coach
Coach

Post by Swans4ever »

Thresher wrote:
sydneyfc wrote:
ive been impressed and i would agree swans vs gws seems to have drummed up more buzz than any nrl rivalry in sydney but i still think its a level below sfc vs wsw but thats just my opinion

that was their march, i have seen marches by sydney fc and been in tonnes of marches for the wanderers and they are both fantastic and that is the best they have got? cringeworthy as hell
Yet they are a totally foreign code only 5 yrs old under constant Criticism by the likes of you - must have you worried that most a kids!!!! Wouldn't matter what or how well they did you'd find fault!!!
LARGEST MEMBERSHIP, LARGEST PROFIT, LARGEST HOME CROWD AVERAGE - THE BIGGEST CLUB IN SYDNEY - THE SYDNEY SWANS
Thresher
Rookie
Rookie
Team: Western Sydney Wanderers

Post by Thresher »

Swans4ever wrote:
Thresher wrote:
sydneyfc wrote:

Yet they are a totally foreign code only 5 yrs old under constant Criticism by the likes of you - must have you worried that most a kids!!!! Wouldn't matter what or how well they did you'd find fault!!!
i wouldnt say most of them are kids but there is a number of kids, there is a way to do a march for example this is a way to do a march

i mean compare it to this
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HsR3H7-O3MA

or this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P6rfg8grypk

btw the first video is all the way in Adelaide and the 2nd one is at gosford and there are videos of us getting 10,000 to Newcasltle and 10,000 to Brisbane but since this is about rivalries swans and gws do not have a video like this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z_yvY7uOfsg

not just the battle of the bridge there is nothing like that in the afl and credit to sydney fc if we were 80% of the fans and they has 20% of the fans then it wouldnt be special but because derbies are around 50/50 for us then it makes it extremely special
AFLcrap1
Coach
Coach
Team: The Scottish Puffins
Been liked: 75 times

Post by AFLcrap1 »

Lol
The enemy of my enemy is my friend .
TLPG 🤣liar extraordinaire
You should thank me for publishing your IP

and I never published any actual IP. That's it.
🤣
I was a mod at the time .
Xman wrote
I also gave them to TLPG believing he was still a mod.I admit I made a mistake.
:^o :^o
AFLcrap1
Coach
Coach

Post by AFLcrap1 »

Swans4ever wrote:
Thresher wrote:
sydneyfc wrote:

Foreign code .
Fuck me dead you talk shit .
Do you think no one in Ws was ever exposed to FUMBLEBALL before the midgets. .
No one ever had a chance to go watch the swans
No one must own a TV in WS ...poor bastards must never have got the chance to watch .

Lol you're retaarded .

🤣
Xman wrote
Swans4ever
Coach
Coach

Post by Swans4ever »

Thresher wrote:
Swans4ever wrote:
Thresher wrote:
sydneyfc wrote:

i wouldnt say most of them are kids but there is a number of kids, there is a way to do a march for example this is a way to do a march

i mean compare it to this
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HsR3H7-O3MA

or this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P6rfg8grypk

btw the first video is all the way in Adelaide and the 2nd one is at gosford and there are videos of us getting 10,000 to Newcasltle and 10,000 to Brisbane but since this is about rivalries swans and gws do not have a video like this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z_yvY7uOfsg

not just the battle of the bridge there is nothing like that in the afl and credit to sydney fc if we were 80% of the fans and they has 20% of the fans then it wouldnt be special but because derbies are around 50/50 for us then it makes it extremely special
all those videos show nothing but men in their 20's acting like soccer hoodlums! I'm not impressed given the violence associated with. WSW at their matches it's no wonder!
Swans4ever
Coach
Coach

Post by Swans4ever »

AFLcrap1 wrote:
Swans4ever wrote:
Thresher wrote:
sydneyfc wrote:

Foreign code .
No one must own a TV in WS ...poor bastards must never have got the chance to watch .

Lol you're retaarded .
But didn't you say Western Sydney is RL heartland?? Haven't you always said that there is little to no interest out there in AFL - FFS make up your mind!
Swans4ever
Coach
Coach

Post by Swans4ever »

Seems funny that since the biggest final crowd this year in Sydney and a massive TV audience (with a healthy number of Sydney viewers) and all you can talk about is marching and whether there are AFL fans in western Sydney......me thinks the deflectors are working at full power!
AFLcrap1
Coach
Coach

Post by AFLcrap1 »

Swans4ever wrote:
AFLcrap1 wrote:
Swans4ever wrote:
Thresher wrote:
sydneyfc wrote:

Foreign code .

Lol you're retaarded .
But didn't you say Western Sydney is RL heartland?? Haven't you always said that there is little to no interest out there in AFL - FFS make up your mind!
Lol
You are confusing interest with exposure .
You fail badly at comprehension .

If there is little interest it's because people aren't interested .
To try to claim it's a foreign code is absurd .
People had seen it
Read about it
Watched a same if they were interested
Had it on TV .

Not foreign .
Just not interested.

🤣
Xman wrote
Fred
Coach
Coach

Post by Fred »

Well interest is certainly there at the moment. That is fine but the challenge will be to develop rusted on support. Look at the lions... doing well and big crowds and support. Then a series of events occurred resulting in them goong poorly. Poor recruiting (Fev), poor facilities remained, and a masd player exodus of their young talent back to home states (loss of some concessions re cap). So how does the afl learn from this?
Veni, vidi, vici
Swans4ever
Coach
Coach

Post by Swans4ever »

Fred wrote:
Well interest is certainly there at the moment. That is fine but the challenge will be to develop rusted on support. Look at the lions... doing well and big crowds and support. Then a series of events occurred resulting in them goong poorly. Poor recruiting (Fev), poor facilities remained, and a masd player exodus of their young talent back to home states (loss of some concessions re cap). So how does the afl learn from this?
But the AFL have always said its a 20 project not a 5 yr plan - winning premierships is only part of the story - as for Brisbane their crowd average is 17k they a membership 20660 whilst not great by AFL standards they are streets ahead of some RL clubs! We have to stop comparing clubs with the likes of Collingwood, Richmond, Hawthorn etc etc it's different up north!
Fred
Coach
Coach

Post by Fred »

True. But they lost a lot of players that were up and coming. Same with gold coast.

The ratings were awesone for the game in sydney too by the looks. Thats a positive.
Veni, vidi, vici
Swans4ever
Coach
Coach

Post by Swans4ever »

Fred wrote:
True. But they lost a lot of players that were up and coming. Same with gold coast.

The ratings were awesone for the game in sydney too by the looks. Thats a positive.
True but their academy is yet to produce quality players the likes of Heeney and MILLS there are some good boys from this years crop that will help with the go home factor and bolster their playing stocks, given the year they have had their numbers are respectable IMO. The Sydney ratings are very encouraging as both teams rivalry gets bigger I would expect that to get better but again it's a 20 plan and were only into year 6 so a lot more work to go in.