2.508 Billion AFL rights deal

Which is the best football code? Here you can have it out with other football fans.
piesman2011
Coach
Coach
Team: Collingwood
Been liked: 0

Re: 2.508 Billion AFL rights deal

Post by piesman2011 »

AFLcrap1 wrote:
Lol I gave you credit for having a few brains .
Then you go & quote a news article .
Lol
News are in the middle of a massive propaganda campaign .
Already some of their claims have been shown up to be 100% bullshit .

The locked out of negotiations ..
Lol
35 documented exchanges/meetings ...PH calls ,Emails .
They were stalling for the ACCC ruling on 10/fox .

Then there is the crap about Super league breakaway clubs .

Lol .
Yesterday showed that was 100% bull ..
Clubs have gripes( as in all sports look at Eddie bitching) but it has nothing to do with the TV deal .
Then there is the news article that Telstra's sponsorship/. Rights are in grave danger .
Telstra came out & said no that's wrong .

Then there was the super league 12 clubs ...with the NSWRU Waratahs as part of it .

Lol .
When this is over & the dust has settled I can see some hacks at news ltd ...Wilson,Crawley,Slothfield,Hooper ,losing their accreditation .
So they should .
& you should do some research before believing what news publish .
I think I said. That is it crazy if true. Notice the words 'if true'. Unlike some on here I take all these articles with a grain of salt. Is this a negotiation technique? Perhaps. Are news upset because they won't make as much money? For sure. Will fox pay big money for the NRL deal? Let's wait and see.
pussycat
Coach
Coach
Team: The Shanghai Sharks
Been liked: 32 times

Post by pussycat »

piesman2011 wrote:
pussycat wrote:
He will maintain subscriptions if he takes up all 8 matches, Semis and whatever. If he can advertise 'all matches every week' he may even pick up subscriptions. If he only takes up the four exclusive matches, he leaves the other matches open for Somebody else. Competition is the last thing he wants . He has the Opportunity to tie up the major sporting codes for 7 years. If he has competition he will lose a lot of subscriptions.

As far as adverting goes, I don't agree with you. I think you will find that there will be no different to the matches that are simulcast on Fox and 7.
The advertising is not debatable. It doesn't matter if you agree or don't agree. Fox get their own advertising during channel 7 games. Fox get nines advertising during the 4 NRL games nine bought. They wouldn't be upset if they could simulcast and still generate big advertising revenue.
Foxtel get there feed from ch7,take out the adds and insert there own or are you trying to suggest that Channel 7's feed doesn't contain adds? They don't advertise during the football? We will just have to agree to disagree on the Foxtel feed. As far I'm concerned there will be no difference.
Rugby League, the dominant force in Australian sport! :cheers:

"I do like annoying the Victorians; they are so easy to get, At times I've looked at them and had a giggle." Peter V'Landys
piesman2011
Coach
Coach

Post by piesman2011 »

Global Media and Sports boss Colin Smith is quoted as saying. “For Fox Sports, the problem is their second prize is much, much worse than it was previously. They have lost one game, they have lost Saturday exclusivity, they have lost Monday and if they take simulcast, they have to take the Channel Nine dirty feed including ads.”

NRL will have a dirty feed for simulcast games, the AFL doesn't. The Foxtel AFL simulcast games have adds which are different adds compared to the C7 advertising. This will not be the case with the NRL. You can disagree all you want but it doesn't change fact.
pussycat
Coach
Coach

Post by pussycat »

This comes from an AFL website discussing the new deal (previous one 2011).

noel

01-05-11, 04:35 PM

It seems that it is even more complicated
in Eddie McGuire's Column in the Sunday Herald-Sun he said that Foxtel will be taking a DIRTY feed from Seven for the live games and taking ALL commercials
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

And this
Not sure who to believe right now just saw the promo on Main Event for 2012 season of the new Footy Channel "All Games In HD" and "Uninterrupted From Siren To Siren" then there is this new word I have never heard before "Dirty Feed"

cheers laurie

Linked from inside one of those links

"Kim William: Yes. In fact, the HD commitment that we made to the AFL is one of the central platforms of our competitive differentiation against our terrestrial competitors – and also, obviously, against the internet. We are really committed to having sport in HD. Every game we originate of the AFL will be originated in native HD, so that the quality of the pictures for the games that we’re producing will be second to none. With the commercial networks, where they are originating in HD, we’ll be obviously giving it in native HD, but where they are not originating in HD, we’ll be doing what’s called up-converting, which means actually giving greater pixelation to the pictures. And while that’s not a true native HD picture, it certainly will be a better quality picture – because we are committed to delivering sport in the very best kind of way for fans."

"I do like annoying the Victorians; they are so easy to get, At times I've looked at them and had a giggle." Peter V'Landys
pussycat
Coach
Coach

Post by pussycat »

The_Wookie wrote:
And it turned out not to be the case, as shown in other articles from when the deal had actually started - namely issues with no seven commentary during ad breaks in seven televised games.

Williams comments refer to the fact that Seven were only doing an SD feed and fox were having to upscale it as best they could.
They removed the ads and put in there own in. As you said earlier there were some minor technical problems earlier on .

i

ParraEelsNRL
Coach
Coach
Team: Parramatta
Been liked: 9 times

Post by ParraEelsNRL »

Man, the nrl and 9 shown in England when we went to an ad just continued watching 9's game, rabs and co just continued on as if nothing happened on our end like a break, wtf, it's not hard aye. They showed no freaking ads at all on their live /dirty feed to the poms and whatnot but can't do it here.

Yeah, problems of the 21st century eh?
signature removed by Admin.
User has been banned for this and similar comments.
piesman2011
Coach
Coach

Post by piesman2011 »

pussycat wrote:
This comes from an AFL website discussing the new deal (previous one 2011).

noel

01-05-11, 04:35 PM

It seems that it is even more complicated
in Eddie McGuire's Column in the Sunday Herald-Sun he said that Foxtel will be taking a DIRTY feed from Seven for the live games and taking ALL commercials
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

And this
Not sure who to believe right now just saw the promo on Main Event for 2012 season of the new Footy Channel "All Games In HD" and "Uninterrupted From Siren To Siren" then there is this new word I have never heard before "Dirty Feed"

cheers laurie

Linked from inside one of those links

"Kim William: Yes. In fact, the HD commitment that we made to the AFL is one of the central platforms of our competitive differentiation against our terrestrial competitors – and also, obviously, against the internet. We are really committed to having sport in HD. Every game we originate of the AFL will be originated in native HD, so that the quality of the pictures for the games that we’re producing will be second to none. With the commercial networks, where they are originating in HD, we’ll be obviously giving it in native HD, but where they are not originating in HD, we’ll be doing what’s called up-converting, which means actually giving greater pixelation to the pictures. And while that’s not a true native HD picture, it certainly will be a better quality picture – because we are committed to delivering sport in the very best kind of way for fans."
The dirty feed ended up allowing Foxtel to show their own adds. That's not the case with the current NRL deal. Maybe Foxtel can negotiate with nine to change this.
pussycat
Coach
Coach

Post by pussycat »

piesman2011 wrote:

The dirty feed ended up allowing Foxtel to show their own adds. That's not the case with the current NRL deal. Maybe Foxtel can negotiate with nine to change this.
Assuming that you were right and Foxtel had to show Ch9 adds. If C9 are showing there adds and Foxtel are showing there adds also , then all of CH9 adds would be shown. Than why would Ch9 want $25 or 30 million reimbursement for each the games that Foxtel choses to simulcast?

eelofwest
Coach
Coach
Team: Eels

Post by eelofwest »

pussycat wrote:
piesman2011 wrote:

Assuming that you were right and Foxtel had to show Ch9 adds. If C9 are showing there adds and Foxtel are showing there adds also , then all of CH9 adds would be shown. Than why would Ch9 want $25 or 30 million reimbursement for each the games that Foxtel choses to simulcast?

C9 Would deduct 25m a year if all games are simulcast, not 25m per game.
piesman2011
Coach
Coach

Post by piesman2011 »

pussycat wrote:
piesman2011 wrote:

Nine want to pay as little as possible.
It may not be worth 25-30 million to Foxtel. If all the noise coming from news limited is accurate this might be the case. It's worth something though because of the possibility to increase subs even with the dirty feed.
pussycat
Coach
Coach

Post by pussycat »

If all the noise coming from news limited is accurate

Is that some kind of joke?

AFLcrap1
Coach
Coach
Team: The Scottish Puffins
Been liked: 75 times

Post by AFLcrap1 »

pussycat wrote:

Lol
Has news printed anything in the last two weeks that is remotely close to the truth .

NOPE .
TLPG 🤣liar extraordinaire
You should thank me for publishing your IP

and I never published any actual IP. That's it.
🤣
I was a mod at the time .
Xman wrote
I also gave them to TLPG believing he was still a mod.I admit I made a mistake.
:^o :^o
leagueiscrap
Banned
Team: Essendon
Been liked: 7 times

Post by leagueiscrap »

AFLcrap1 wrote:
pussycat wrote:

Lol
Has news printed anything in the last two weeks that is remotely close to the truth .

NOPE .
Only when a bad article about the nrlol it's all lies lies lies! But when it's a good article it's all true!

Idiot spazzing!
Australian sporting sponsorship
AFL excess of $50m
A league $30 million plus
ARU $27 million
NRLOL $25 million

Leagueiscrap
and she still changes your nappies as well!
pusseycat replys
Only when I have an accident.
AFLcrap1
Coach
Coach
Team: The Scottish Puffins
Been liked: 75 times

Post by AFLcrap1 »

Lol .
You really are clueless .

They printed crap about Telstra .
Telstra denied it .

They printed crap about a new SL .
That was shown as absolute garbage .

They compared deals when the NRL hasn't Finalised theirs .

That was crap ,but you lapped it up .

Lol you should get better help .
Whoever is caring for you now is way out of their league .
TLPG 🤣liar extraordinaire
You should thank me for publishing your IP

and I never published any actual IP. That's it.
🤣
I was a mod at the time .
Xman wrote
I also gave them to TLPG believing he was still a mod.I admit I made a mistake.
:^o :^o