NRL gets 925 mill for 4 games per week .

Which is the best football code? Here you can have it out with other football fans.
The axe
Seniors
Seniors
Team: Melbourne fc
Been liked: 0

Re: NRL gets 925 mill for 4 games per week .

Post by The axe »

ParraEelsNRL wrote:
LOL

So it's ok for the afl yet the same deal for the nrl is shit.
In what way is it the same deal?
ParraEelsNRL
Coach
Coach
Team: Parramatta
Been liked: 9 times

Post by ParraEelsNRL »

leagueiscrap wrote:
ParraEelsNRL wrote:
Bahahah anyone of you that think Uncle rupes will not end up with the NRL after finally being made to shell out have rocks in their heads, fair dinkum. btw, I have a bridge and a troll for sale located in the South West Suburb of Sydney called Wollongong, any takers? :(/
he already tried that & lost hundreds of millions! :)))
Tried what?
signature removed by Admin.
User has been banned for this and similar comments.
ParraEelsNRL
Coach
Coach

Post by ParraEelsNRL »

The axe wrote:
ParraEelsNRL wrote:
LOL

Simulcast you dope #-o
The axe
Seniors
Seniors
Team: Melbourne fc

Post by The axe »

ParraEelsNRL wrote:
The axe wrote:
ParraEelsNRL wrote:
LOL

Simulcast you dope #-o
As we have all been told over and over the NRL has as yet not signed a deal with fox, would make it very difficult to be the same when it does not yet exist.
AFLsforPussies
Coach
Coach
Team: Manly Sea Eagles-Wakefield Wildcats-England FC

Post by AFLsforPussies »

Will be interesting to see what pans out with the fox NRL deal.
The NRL have plenty of time to work out an agreement with them.
Rupert is obviously not happy at the way the NRL 9 deal was done... but he knows and everyone else knows that Rugby League fans won't keep fox if it does not have NRL games. Both need each other. The only reason I have it is for live Rugby League.

For the NRL fans without paytv it has been a big win. They get the same amount of games to watch on free to air as the AFL has.
And channel 9 has payed more for the NRL deal than Channel 7 payed for AFL.

Channel 9 NRL deal - 925 million for 5 years
Channel 7 AFL deal - 900 million for 6 years

But News Limited and AFL fans refuse to mention that. :cool:
Growing Rugby League in the USA.
http://www.usarl.com

AFLcrap1
Coach
Coach
Team: The Scottish Puffins
Been liked: 75 times

Post by AFLcrap1 »

Yep dumb fumblers are proclaiming how they got more .
Jesus they are a thick lot .
Gloating can be done by either side when the NRL deal is finalised .
It could be 2 yrs away .
In my opinion the longer it goes the better for us .
The media landscape is changing at a rapid pace .
In 5 yrs pay TV will be just about fucked by the new comers out there ...Netflix stan Google etc .
When one of these big media companies decides to get into live sports in this country fox will be just about gone .
& 2 yrs down the track we will be a lot closer to that than now .
Uncle rupee will want to lock up the rights for 5 yrs before the inevitable cliff appears over the horizon .
I can wait,& joyfully watch the news ltd media in a spin ,trying to trash talk RL ...no difference really ..that's how they've spent the last 20 yrs .
TLPG 🤣liar extraordinaire
You should thank me for publishing your IP

and I never published any actual IP. That's it.
🤣
I was a mod at the time .
Xman wrote
I also gave them to TLPG believing he was still a mod.I admit I made a mistake.
:^o :^o
Swans4ever
Coach
Coach
Team: Sydney Swans

Post by Swans4ever »

AFLsforPussies wrote:
Rupert is obviously not happy at the way the NRL 9 deal was done... but he knows and everyone else knows that Rugby League fans won't keep fox if it does not have NRL games. Both need each other. The only reason I have it is for live Rugby League.

For the NRL fans without paytv it has been a big win. They get the same amount of games to watch on free to air as the AFL has.

And NRL fans keep skirting around the 2.5 bil total AFL deal. No one is saying that Foxtel WONT simulcast or show NRL - BUT where else will RL go? If they have to simulcast ch 9's feed lock stock and advertising - what's in it for them? What do they get out of the deal aside from keeping subscriptions- the real point is which you keep avoiding is they won't get the same money as the AFL is getting season. NRL 360 were quiet clear that if their hoping to get 1.7 bil, but realistically they are now looking at 1.5 - 1.6 bil. Either way it still falls short and means each year AFL will get an extra 76 mil. But hey don't let the facts get in the way of your spin!
LARGEST MEMBERSHIP, LARGEST PROFIT, LARGEST HOME CROWD AVERAGE - THE BIGGEST CLUB IN SYDNEY - THE SYDNEY SWANS
ParraEelsNRL
Coach
Coach

Post by ParraEelsNRL »

Fair dinkum.
AFLsforPussies
Coach
Coach
Team: Manly Sea Eagles-Wakefield Wildcats-England FC

Post by AFLsforPussies »

Swans4ever wrote:
AFLsforPussies wrote:

And NRL fans keep skirting around the 2.5 bil total AFL deal. No one is saying that Foxtel WONT simulcast or show NRL - BUT where else will RL go? If they have to simulcast ch 9's feed lock stock and advertising - what's in it for them? What do they get out of the deal aside from keeping subscriptions- the real point is which you keep avoiding is they won't get the same money as the AFL is getting season. NRL 360 were quiet clear that if their hoping to get 1.7 bil, but realistically they are now looking at 1.5 - 1.6 bil. Either way it still falls short and means each year AFL will get an extra 76 mil. But hey don't let the facts get in the way of your spin!
Haha no I am the first to admit the AFL deal is very good.
But the NRL total deal is pure speculation. Nobody predicted the AFL deal so how can they predict the NRL deal? And all you AFL guys fail to mention the AFL 7 deal is a year longer than the NRL 9 deal for less money. Why is that?

Why is 7 paying less money than 9 with an extra year?
Growing Rugby League in the USA.
http://www.usarl.com

AFLcrap1
Coach
Coach

Post by AFLcrap1 »

Swans4ever wrote:
AFLsforPussies wrote:

Lol you just get dumber by the post .
NRL 360 ...lol
They're fucking news ltd you twit .you think they'll say nice things about RL .
& how many subscriptions do you think they'll lose ?
They lose RL they will churn a bucketload of subscriptions .

I would bet that if the NRL announced next week that they had a deal with company X where for $250 per yr you could watch all games live Through a box or wireless .Fox would be near fucked overnight .

Far more subscriptions in RL States ..& has been noted before ,they got them because of RL .

I would drop fox in a heartbeat if they didn't have RL

Your fucked up logic/ opinions are based on news ltd journos .
That makes you dumber than a bag of shit .

🤣
Xman wrote
Swans4ever
Coach
Coach

Post by Swans4ever »

AFLsforPussies wrote:
Swans4ever wrote:
AFLsforPussies wrote:

Haha no I am the first to admit the AFL deal is very good.
But the NRL total deal is pure speculation. Nobody predicted the AFL deal so how can they predict the NRL deal? And all you AFL guys fail to mention the AFL 7 deal is a year longer than the NRL 9 deal for less money. Why is that?

Why is 7 paying less money than 9 with an extra year?
A year longer means both deals end in 2022 stupid! It doesn't change the equation but actually hurts RL as now both TV rights come up for bidding at the same time - RL can't use AFL to get more. FFS you are thick nrldeing! :_<> :_<> :_<> Troll!
LARGEST MEMBERSHIP, LARGEST PROFIT, LARGEST HOME CROWD AVERAGE - THE BIGGEST CLUB IN SYDNEY - THE SYDNEY SWANS
Swans4ever
Coach
Coach

Post by Swans4ever »

AFLcrap1 wrote:
Swans4ever wrote:
AFLsforPussies wrote:

Lol you just get dumber by the post .
NRL 360 ...lol
They're fucking news ltd you twit .you think they'll say nice things about RL .
& how many subscriptions do you think they'll lose ?
They lose RL they will churn a bucketload of subscriptions .

I would bet that if the NRL announced next week that they had a deal with company X where for $250 per yr you could watch all games live Through a box or wireless .Fox would be near fucked overnight .

Far more subscriptions in RL States ..& has been noted before ,they got them because of RL .

I would drop fox in a heartbeat if they didn't have RL

Your fucked up logic/ opinions are based on news ltd journos .
That makes you dumber than a bag of shit .
Yes yes we've heard this many times anyone with an opposite opinion is wrong and News Ltd will say nothing but lies! They didn't say half the shit you accuse me of quoting - their not talking about them NOT broadcasting NRL but what they get is not the same value! Lastly although more than 50% subscriptions in ONLY 2 states are RL followers - there is 30% at least who don't give a fuck about any footy code! Their not going to lose those subscribers - 2nd Foxtel work on not only subscriptions revenue but advertising revenue - if your advertising for another TV station to get the profits where's the commercial benefit there. The product holds LESS value but keep ignoring what people are really saying - answer these question will the NRL total deal be MORE than 1.7 bil? Will the NRL get the same as the AFL over those 6 years (give the last year of the NRL deal is still under the previous LESS deal!). If it turns out AFL gets 2.5 bil over 6 years and you only get 1.9 bil are you happy with this? But please misquote me here why change the habit now!
AFLcrap1
Coach
Coach

Post by AFLcrap1 »

Lol you rambled about NRL 360 & what they were saying .

That makes you an idiot
Also
You are the idiot & mean idiot who claimed it was FACT that the AFLOL deal was better .
How can that be when ours isn't completed yet .
You keep quoting figures about the NRL deal that are being thrown around by news ltd

When both deals are done then comparisons cam be made .

As for your fox subscription rant ,
If they lose a shitload of subscribers. Do you think their advertising revenue will stay the same .

Lol
Lose subscribers lose revenue .
Lose advertisers ...lose revenue .

🤣
Xman wrote
pussycat
Coach
Coach
Team: The Shanghai Sharks
Been liked: 32 times

Post by pussycat »

Swans4ever wrote:

Yes yes we've heard this many times anyone with an opposite opinion is wrong and News Ltd will say nothing but lies! They didn't say half the shit you accuse me of quoting - their not talking about them NOT broadcasting NRL but what they get is not the same value! Lastly although more than 50% subscriptions in ONLY 2 states are RL followers - there is 30% at least who don't give a fuck about any footy code! Their not going to lose those subscribers - 2nd Foxtel work on not only subscriptions revenue but advertising revenue - if your advertising for another TV station to get the profits where's the commercial benefit there. The product holds LESS value but keep ignoring what people are really saying - answer these question will the NRL total deal be MORE than 1.7 bil? Will the NRL get the same as the AFL over those 6 years (give the last year of the NRL deal is still under the previous LESS deal!). If it turns out AFL gets 2.5 bil over 6 years and you only get 1.9 bil are you happy with this? But please misquote me here why change the habit now!
Opposite opinion :?> they work for Fox. What do you think the News LTD Journo is going say?. Last contract they were well shy of the mark also.

As far as the dirty feed, they have the same options open to them with Ch 9 as they do when they take Ch7 feed for the AFL

$2.5b over 6 years works out at $2.08b over 5 years. the NRL Are Almost halfway there and they still have Fox, Telstra and sky to come. To arrive at the $1.7b mark , that you and Paul merkin are predicting , Fox would need to pay about $450m, Rupert might be a cantankerous old bastard but he is a business man - A very good one.
fox paid AFF $1.3B yet there only going to pay the producers of there most popular shows, (by 20%) $450 ??? please, You might believe that, but I live in the real world.
Rugby League, the dominant force in Australian sport! :cheers:

"I do like annoying the Victorians; they are so easy to get, At times I've looked at them and had a giggle." Peter V'Landys
leagueiscrap
Banned
Team: Essendon
Been liked: 7 times

Post by leagueiscrap »

Suck shit basement dwellers! Any way you flogs attempt to spin it, the nrlol A distant second again! Even with the soo, internationals & & everything else nrlol, still decades behind the afl & the gap it widening! Now with rupert on board to give the afl all the free promotion the nrlol got for the last decade.
Australian sporting sponsorship
AFL excess of $50m
A league $30 million plus
ARU $27 million
NRLOL $25 million

Leagueiscrap
and she still changes your nappies as well!
pusseycat replys
Only when I have an accident.