BARRY HALL - RETIRE OR BE SACKED!!!!!!!

Australian Football news and discussion.
kford
Team:
Been liked: 0

BARRY HALL - RETIRE OR BE SACKED!!!!!!!

Post by kford »

Big bad bazza has gone off the rails......methinks he thinks he is Mike Tyson. Hang up the boots or should the Swans just sack him?
TLPG
Coach
Coach
Team: MYOB
Been liked: 8 times

Post by TLPG »

Neither - yet. Give him time to sort out his issues, and then give him one more chance. If he slips up again - pink slip.
THIS FORUM IS RACIST
Beaussie
Site Admin
Site Admin
Team: Sydney Swans
Been liked: 51 times

Post by Beaussie »

Not sure what's going on in his head. He has certainly let the team down and does not appear to have learnt anything from his 7 week supsension.

On another note, Wakelin's actions in falling to the ground to milk a free were disgusting. What is our game coming to. :evil:
Grim Reaper
Coach
Coach
Team:
Has thanked: 0

Post by Grim Reaper »

Give it time and Anthony Mundine will be by Barry Hall's side trying to milk it for all it's worth, just like what he did with Ben Cousins.
TLPG
Coach
Coach

Post by TLPG »

Beaussie wrote:
On another note, Wakelin's actions in falling to the ground to milk a free were disgusting. What is our game coming to. :evil:
Did you hear the suggestion made that anyone who is found to be acting will get a hit on their hip pocket? Not a bad idea!

As an umpire I hate actors and I wish there was a way to penalise acting more than just not paying the free kick they were looking for!
THIS FORUM IS RACIST
kaskill
Seniors
Seniors
Team:

Post by kaskill »

that would be a good idea because we dont want our game turning to soccer anymore than it already has! i was beginning to worry that they may introduce a round ball and yellow and red cards!!!!! :lol: nuh i think that would be a good idea this year i think has been the worst year for diving and that sort of crap.
Beaussie
Site Admin
Site Admin
Team: Sydney Swans
Been liked: 51 times

Post by Beaussie »

TLPG wrote:
Beaussie wrote:
Did you hear the suggestion made that anyone who is found to be acting will get a hit on their hip pocket? Not a bad idea!

As an umpire I hate actors and I wish there was a way to penalise acting more than just not paying the free kick they were looking for!
I'd like to see a free kick awarded to the other team. That would stop this acting crap quick smart. I get so frustrated when the ump falls for it. :evil:
Grim Reaper
Coach
Coach
Team:

Post by Grim Reaper »

MAybe it was not acting but just a reaction after being hit by a mindless thug like little goody barry hall.
TLPG
Coach
Coach

Post by TLPG »

Beaussie wrote:
TLPG wrote:
Beaussie wrote:

I'd like to see a free kick awarded to the other team. That would stop this acting crap quick smart. I get so frustrated when the ump falls for it. :evil:
That's a judgment call that can be hard to pick up at times, Beau. It's easier to pick up in soccer (and even then it gets missed at times - probably because there's only one referee). I'm not making an excuse because in theory it's a good idea. I just don't think it's practical. That's the main reason I personally prefer the fine.
THIS FORUM IS RACIST
junior53
Team:

Post by junior53 »

Maybe he should go back to boxing !!
1 - He should have been suspended
2 - So should have Wakelin for the dive
3 - I agree with the free kick caper but! the umpires only see part of it
Therefore the rules require a major change
Charge bazza and then Wakelin goes to the tribunal
He then would not say he took a dive if the tribunal had the power to suspend that type of action hence it would elimate the acting in the game.
4 -The game is already starting to look like rugby with the get it out get it out crap It looks like a Rugby Union Scrum
kaskill
Seniors
Seniors
Team:

Post by kaskill »

theres already to many free kicks given away these days so i reakon a fine would be not a bad idea either. straight from the players pockets! haha players diving is nearly as bad as this new rage of holding the ball up in the air with minutes to go!! one guy does it and the next couple of weeks they're all doing it!
I think barry hall is not right for the game of this day and age its to fast paced and its not only him there are many others who just arent up to scracth anymore. Tredrea is another example (this is in my opinion)
TLPG
Coach
Coach

Post by TLPG »

The way to stop the time killing, Kaskill, is to man up and force a kick to a contest.

The real problem - and I hope the spike in it has passed - is this preference towards stopping the other team from scoring as opposed to kicking more than the other team. You know what I'd like to see? Some sort of bonus for kicking a high score - something similar to what they do in the Super 14's and the domestic one day cricket comp.

I agree that the day of the tough guy is past because of the pace of the game. One still has to be pretty tough, but not in the Hall mould.
THIS FORUM IS RACIST
kaskill
Seniors
Seniors
Team:

Post by kaskill »

i dont mean time wasting TLPG i mean the clowns who hold the ball above their head to let it be known they're going to hold the game up!
junior53
Team:

Post by junior53 »

You will most likely find that the AFL will change yet another rule and make players play on if the ball is kicked backwards in the backline 50 metre area
This will stop the garbage being seen at the game
All the supporters have had enough as they paying for good entertainment and not this farcical last 5 minutes
Why would a team that has the incentive kicking 3-4 goals in 5-6 minutes and hit the front by 19 point with 5 minutes to go Then go defensive and finish up with a draw
All coaches need to wake up to themseves as they are the ones that stop there sides running play to start the last 5 minutes garbage
TLPG
Coach
Coach

Post by TLPG »

kaskill wrote:
i dont mean time wasting TLPG i mean the clowns who hold the ball above their head to let it be known they're going to hold the game up!
But they can't, Kaskill, because they only have so much time to get rid of it before the umpire tells them to move it on and then when they don't call "Play on!". But I guess if they do that enough and the umpire wises up and tells them to move it on straight away when they do that - they'll stop doing it!

Junior, they already have that rule in the VFL, and it's the defensive half of the whole ground not just the defensive 50. But it still won't stop it because they'll play keepings off in the attacking half instead.

I still favour rewarding high scores.
THIS FORUM IS RACIST