Footy Crowds - 2024

Discuss the footy industry, crowds, tv ratings, memberships, sponsorships and the finances of all Australian football codes and clubs
Fred
Coach
Coach
Team: Collingwood
Been liked: 156 times

Re: Footy Crowds - 2024

Post by Fred »

Anyone got the crowd figures for the footy last night? Looked pretty packed, as you’d expect for a showdown I guess.
Veni, vidi, vici
azif
Seniors
Seniors
Team: Albury Thunder
Has thanked: 0
Been liked: 7 times

Post by azif »

Fred wrote: Fri May 03, 2024 3:04 pm
Anyone got the crowd figures for the footy last night? Looked pretty packed, as you’d expect for a showdown I guess.
wasn't it was the big Sadledaide derpy ?
if you couldn't pull a crowd to that theres something wrong
I do know more Australians over all watched the trash NRL match up last night though , the wooden spoon bound bunnies & penrith
I didn't even bother watching that

now thats embarrassing for fumble ball :cool:
Fred
Coach
Coach

Post by Fred »

azif wrote: Fri May 03, 2024 4:13 pm
Fred wrote: Fri May 03, 2024 3:04 pm
wasn't it was the big Sadledaide derpy ?
if you couldn't pull a crowd to that theres something wrong
I do know more Australians over all watched the trash NRL match up last night though , the wooden spoon bound bunnies & penrith
I didn't even bother watching that

now thats embarrassing for fumble ball :cool:

Do you have the crowd figure though for the Adelaide game?
Veni, vidi, vici
Fred
Coach
Coach

Post by Fred »

Googled it - 52106.

And tonight - 88000 plus. Not bad.
Veni, vidi, vici
WookieReturns
Captain
Captain
Team: Carlton
Been liked: 99 times

Post by WookieReturns »

Weekend Attendance Update

#AFL
Crows/Power 52,106 at Adelaide Oval
(largest Crows hosted Showdown)

Blues/Pies 88,362 at the MCG
(largest H&A game between the two since the 1981 Grand Final, 4th largest non public holiday attendance of all time, 5th 80k+ attendance in a row for the Blues at the G - 3rd this year. 4th 80k+ game for the AFL in 2024.)

#NRL
Rabbitohs/Panthers 8,155 at Accor Stadium
SEagles/Raiders 10,215 at 4 Pines Park
Broncos/Roosters 40,190 at Suncorp Stadium
(Broncos 4th game this season in front of 40k+ - 1 in Vegas, 3 at Suncorp. Yet to play at home in front of less than 35,000)
Terry
Coach
Coach
Team: Wests Tigers
Been liked: 167 times

Post by Terry »

WookieReturns wrote: Sat May 04, 2024 9:23 am
Weekend Attendance Update

#AFL
(largest Crows hosted Showdown)

(largest H&A game between the two since the 1981 Grand Final, 4th largest non public holiday attendance of all time, 5th 80k+ attendance in a row for the Blues at the G - 3rd this year. 4th 80k+ game for the AFL in 2024.)

#NRL
Rabbitohs/Panthers 8,155 at Accor Stadium
SEagles/Raiders 10,215 at 4 Pines Park
Broncos/Roosters 40,190 at Suncorp Stadium
(Broncos 4th game this season in front of 40k+ - 1 in Vegas, 3 at Suncorp. Yet to play at home in front of less than 35,000)
Thanks Sooks! Doin' a great job pal lolololololol!!!!!!!!!
WookieReturns
Captain
Captain

Post by WookieReturns »

Glad you approve. Not that it would change anything if you didnt.

But you have a good day anyway.
Terry
Coach
Coach

Post by Terry »

WookieReturns wrote: Sat May 04, 2024 11:02 am
Glad you approve. Not that it would change anything if you didnt.

But you have a good day anyway.
Thanks sooks. All good pal. Looking forward to more crowd posts. Have a good 'un!!!!!!
Terry
Coach
Coach

Post by Terry »

Not a bad crowd for the Sydney fumbling today. Hard to spot a Ginats fan though. Where are those 30k+ members????? Any ideas fumble fans???

And why are they playing at lunchtime? Seems a weird time to start.
leeroy*NRL*
Team: St George Illawarra Dragons
Been liked: 67 times

Post by leeroy*NRL* »

Terry wrote: Mon Apr 29, 2024 10:56 am
leeroy*NRL* wrote: Mon Apr 29, 2024 10:03 am
yeah good point, especially with the population of Greater Hobart sitting at 250k and not really growing.
Its not often I defend the fumbling game but I think this attendance is something of an outlier. It was between a Melb team coming last and an Adelaide team under performing. Neither side would have much of a following in little Tassie.

Once a Tassie side enters the comp (if it ever does) the locals will probably go nuts over it initially and attendances should be much more than interstate sides playing there.

The problem will be if they don't perform but they can't get any lower than North Melb on the ladder so will always pull a bigger crowd than last weekend.
yeah true points.. no doubt.. MELBOURNE as a Whole is 2nd biggest attended for a sport behind NFL (let that sink in)
there different in Melbourne (an injection at Birth or something to the AFL becomes a Religion)
Terry
Coach
Coach

Post by Terry »

leeroy*NRL* wrote: Sat May 04, 2024 2:13 pm
leeroy*NRL* wrote: Mon Apr 29, 2024 10:03 am
yeah good point, especially with the population of Greater Hobart sitting at 250k and not really growing.
Its not often I defend the fumbling game but I think this attendance is something of an outlier. It was between a Melb team coming last and an Adelaide team under performing. Neither side would have much of a following in little Tassie.

Once a Tassie side enters the comp (if it ever does) the locals will probably go nuts over it initially and attendances should be much more than interstate sides playing there.

The problem will be if they don't perform but they can't get any lower than North Melb on the ladder so will always pull a bigger crowd than last weekend.
yeah true points.. no doubt.. MELBOURNE as a Whole is 2nd biggest attended for a sport behind NFL (let that sink in)
there different in Melbourne (an injection at Birth or something to the AFL becomes a Religion)

Haha! It sure is a weird place 'ol Melbourne town lolololol!!!!!! I would say its actually the biggest attended sporting city in the world. The NFL's teams are all in big cities. They're one team towns. So they might get 60k crowds once every 2nd week. Melbourne has 9 AFL teams alone. That's 4 or 5 games a week at avg around 35k.

The only city close would be London. They have 7 teams in the EPL. But their population 10M v 5M . So Melbourne would easily be ahead of them per head of population for attendance.

But of course as anyone who has spent any time in Melbourne knows...........you need something to take your mind off the dreary self absorbed joint lolololololol!!!!! And it seems sport is it.
leeroy*NRL*
Team: St George Illawarra Dragons
Been liked: 67 times

Post by leeroy*NRL* »

Terry wrote: Sat May 04, 2024 2:40 pm

Haha! It sure is a weird place 'ol Melbourne town lolololol!!!!!! I would say its actually the biggest attended sporting city in the world. The NFL's teams are all in big cities. They're one team towns. So they might get 60k crowds once every 2nd week. Melbourne has 9 AFL teams alone. That's 4 or 5 games a week at avg around 35k.

The only city close would be London. They have 7 teams in the EPL. But their population 10M v 5M . So Melbourne would easily be ahead of them per head of population for attendance.

But of course as anyone who has spent any time in Melbourne knows...........you need something to take your mind off the dreary self absorbed joint lolololololol!!!!! And it seems sport is it.
it is just mind boggling, they define the world.
Fred
Coach
Coach

Post by Fred »

Just spent a week there and loved it. I think each city offers something - the culture and the food scene is amazing - not being asked if I want a late in a cup or mug - it’s the little things lol - coffee was so good.
Veni, vidi, vici
Terry
Coach
Coach

Post by Terry »

Fred wrote: Sat May 04, 2024 3:46 pm

Just spent a week there and loved it. I think each city offers something - the culture and the food scene is amazing - not being asked if I want a late in a cup or mug - it’s the little things lol - coffee was so good.
I’m not a coffee aficionado Fred. The only place I couldn’t drink it was Dallas Texas. Rubbish there. But if the best thing in a city is coffee I’d say the city ain’t got much pal!

Have a great night Freddie.
WookieReturns
Captain
Captain

Post by WookieReturns »

Weekend Attendances Update

#AFL