Footy TV Ratings - 2024

Discuss the footy industry, crowds, tv ratings, memberships, sponsorships and the finances of all Australian football codes and clubs
azif
Seniors
Seniors
Team: Albury Thunder
Has thanked: 0
Been liked: 7 times

Re: Footy TV Ratings - 2024

Post by azif »

Fred wrote: Fri Apr 26, 2024 6:37 pm
azif wrote: Fri Apr 26, 2024 5:58 pm
Terry wrote: Fri Apr 26, 2024 3:49 pm

These numbers are a good reason why reach should be totally ignored. The night AFL game is listed at No. 2 with reach of 2.093M and avg. of 466k. Whilst the day game had a reach of 1.958M and avg of 895k and is listed at 3. The day game had almost twice the avg. but less reach. I call BS.
Reach is totally unreliable and should be ignored.
i think its just a typo , a mistake
the afl night game had a reach of 1.093 mill , not 2 plus mill, that makes no sense at all if it isn't a simple typo.

the AFL would be bitterly disappointed with those numbers for their marquee H&A game of the year , the defending premiers & a close contest from go to wow that ended in a draw , what else could the game have delivered , still numbers were down around 6% on last year

the NRL's day game was farcically uncompetitive , over at half time 32-4 to the Roosters ( ended up 60-18)TV channels being changed in their tens of thousands early on ..
so its figure down almost 20% on last year was a lot more easily explained.

the night games in both codes
the interesting figure was the one from Brisbane

in the afl from Canberra ,their GF runner up Lions a pathetic 35K on FTA , maybe half that on STV
the NRL game from Melb with no QLD teams , 78K on FTA & probably a similar numb on STV

the afl taking over QLD

:-k

:lol: :lol: :lol: :rofl: :rofl: :(/ :(/ :(/ :(/ :(/

yea right :rofl:

I think if you take into account the qld is an ntl town the figures for the lions match aren’t too bad - not great but considering the nrl match did about half. Given the strong popularity and amount of southerners n Brisbane - if you don’t follow the afl team playing you’d like switch to storm - half ish is not too bad in an nrl state.
some serious turd polishing there ...
the afl ratings in brisbane were a 3rd .. not half .. a 3rd of the NRL's figure with no QLD teams involved in that game , & the lions were 5 mins from winning the comp last year ...
& less then a year later they're again near irrelevant to the Brisb sporting public unless you're not an ex pat from the sthn states who doesn't follow anything else.

lets examine the ludicrous.. dis .. information ... delusion .. out right lies .. delivered to the afl public by the then CEO Gillon Mc Lachlan in 2023.

we are close to taking QLD
we will be the numb one code in QLD in a few years

this was the BS delivered.... now .. who from the afl community challenged this ...clown ...on this provocative & obviously false claim
no one
nada

all this twat did was make his sport look foolish .. again
these figures from last night confirm what a lying sack of shit he .was :cool:
WookieReturns
Captain
Captain
Team: Carlton
Been liked: 99 times

Post by WookieReturns »

the afl night game had a reach of 1.093 mill , not 2 plus mill, that makes no sense at all if it isn't a simple typo.
its not a typo
azif
Seniors
Seniors

Post by azif »

WookieReturns wrote: Fri Apr 26, 2024 8:04 pm

its not a typo
so reach is utter shit

thanks for confirming :cool:
Fred
Coach
Coach
Team: Collingwood
Been liked: 156 times

Post by Fred »

azif wrote: Fri Apr 26, 2024 7:12 pm

the AFL would be bitterly disappointed with those numbers for their marquee H&A game of the year , the defending premiers & a close contest from go to wow that ended in a draw , what else could the game have delivered , still numbers were down around 6% on last year

the NRL's day game was farcically uncompetitive , over at half time 32-4 to the Roosters ( ended up 60-18)TV channels being changed in their tens of thousands early on ..
so its figure down almost 20% on last year was a lot more easily explained.

the night games in both codes
the interesting figure was the one from Brisbane

in the afl from Canberra ,their GF runner up Lions a pathetic 35K on FTA , maybe half that on STV
the NRL game from Melb with no QLD teams , 78K on FTA & probably a similar numb on STV

the afl taking over QLD

:-k

:lol: :lol: :lol: :rofl: :rofl: :(/ :(/ :(/ :(/ :(/

yea right :rofl:

I think if you take into account the qld is an ntl town the figures for the lions match aren’t too bad - not great but considering the nrl match did about half. Given the strong popularity and amount of southerners n Brisbane - if you don’t follow the afl team playing you’d like switch to storm - half ish is not too bad in an nrl state.
the afl ratings in brisbane were a 3rd .. not half .. a 3rd of the NRL's figure with no QLD teams involved in that game , & the lions were 5 mins from winning the comp last year ...
& less then a year later they're again near irrelevant to the Brisb sporting public unless you're not an ex pat from the sthn states who doesn't follow anything else.

lets examine the ludicrous.. dis .. information ... delusion .. out right lies .. delivered to the afl public by the then CEO Gillon Mc Lachlan in 2023.

this was the BS delivered.... now .. who from the afl community challenged this ...clown ...on this provocative & obviously false claim
no one
nada

I thought you said 35 for afl and 78 for nrl - FTA ? Pay TV we don’t have - so was just going by figures listed - which I think 35 is around almost half - a third would be 26. A half would be 39. Anyway - doesn’t really matter - semantics I guess.
Veni, vidi, vici
azif
Seniors
Seniors

Post by azif »

Fred wrote: Fri Apr 26, 2024 10:21 pm
azif wrote: Fri Apr 26, 2024 7:12 pm

no one
nada

I thought you said 35 for afl and 78 for nrl - FTA ? Pay TV we don’t have - so was just going by figures listed - which I think 35 is around almost half - a third would be 26. A half would be 39. Anyway - doesn’t really matter - semantics I guess.
pay tv we have
estimates for years now

very light uptake for STV in QLD for AFL because so many games are on FTA there , money is tight atm .. stv is not a requirement.
unlike NRL , you have to have stv to watch your team , broncos are on stv this afternoon for example , .. cowboys are tonight ,dolphins are tomorrow , titans were on Thurs.

3 times the veiwers in brisb minimum for an NRL game not involving any qld teams v the GF runners up lions in the AFL

thats a bloodbath...
These users liked the author azif for the post:
leeroy*NRL* (Mon Apr 29, 2024 10:04 am)
WookieReturns
Captain
Captain

Post by WookieReturns »

WookieReturns
Captain
Captain

Post by WookieReturns »

azif
Seniors
Seniors

Post by azif »

howd the ratings go last night folks

the NRL served up trash , like .. garbage ... everyone knew it would be ... & it was
610K FTA , probs 1.1 Mill in total

the fumbles & bumbles had their big " show down " .. the all Sadelaide derpy
585K on FTA , wouldn't have got to a mill in total

8-[

:hmm:

:lol: :lol: :rofl: :rofl: :(/ :(/ :(/

wow
Terry
Coach
Coach
Team: Wests Tigers
Been liked: 167 times

Post by Terry »

azif wrote: Fri May 03, 2024 1:19 pm

the NRL served up trash , like .. garbage ... everyone knew it would be ... & it was

8-[

wow

Incredible stuff!!! It seems the new ratings system has blown away the myth that fumbling dominates FTA tv. The NRL has won plenty thus far. And the rest have have very very close. Which means with Fox & Kayo added RL is absolutely smashing the fumbling game like never before.

Of course the fumblers will now hang their hat on the totally pointless and useless reach figure. Fumblers gotta fumble!!!!!
azif
Seniors
Seniors

Post by azif »

Terry wrote: Fri May 03, 2024 3:01 pm
azif wrote: Fri May 03, 2024 1:19 pm

8-[

wow

Incredible stuff!!! It seems the new ratings system has blown away the myth that fumbling dominates FTA tv. The NRL has won plenty thus far. And the rest have have very very close. Which means with Fox & Kayo added RL is absolutely smashing the fumbling game like never before.

Of course the fumblers will now hang their hat on the totally pointless and useless reach figure. Fumblers gotta fumble!!!!!
how is an NRL trash game
crap

outrating one of the bigger fumbleball derpies :-k

its quite perplexing :lol: :lol: :rofl: :rofl: :(/ :(/
WookieReturns
Captain
Captain

Post by WookieReturns »

leeroy*NRL*
Team: St George Illawarra Dragons
Been liked: 67 times

Post by leeroy*NRL* »

does anyone have the figure of when NRL signed TV deal
to today with adjusted INFLATION>>> (very Interesting)

AFL deal next year 2025 also FTA gets streaming this should get a lift in figures.
WookieReturns
Captain
Captain

Post by WookieReturns »

These users liked the author WookieReturns for the post:
leeroy*NRL* (Sun May 05, 2024 4:38 pm)
WookieReturns
Captain
Captain

Post by WookieReturns »

Terry
Coach
Coach
Team: Wests Tigers
Been liked: 167 times

Post by Terry »

WookieReturns wrote: Sat May 04, 2024 8:51 pm
Thats great Sooks. But are you sure these numbers are right pal. I mean if you're just going off AFL press releases its kinda pointless. Fumblehouse lies all the time. Whats cash? Whats contra? Whats Telstra money? Whats out and out fumblehouse lies????

Have you any inside info? Do you have contacts within the halls of fumbledom???? Have you personally checked their actual financials as opposed to their press releases?

I know you're busy in your backpacker joint with drunks and other undesirables pal but if you present this stuff you need to show independent facts. If you're just echoing Ther Big Dill its pointless pal.

Please do some serious research my dear friend Sookie and get back to me. It will be to your credit if you do so.

I wait in anticipation for your measured response lololololool!!!